FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:24 pm
hotelfanatic

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mmgm
I actually think the food in the Club has improved. However the pictures above are old- they have not had sushi in months. Nor the water bottles. Definitely not from this year.
They are all from Jan of this year. Sushi is served on Weds. And if you are not there by 6, they run out. Then they bring out the chicken/beef. I like the beef as is very tender. I would say the food is best at any Hyatt lounge on the East coast. I still think the SFO property is best in US base on my travels... I will be visiting in July and will post those picture in that thread.

Andaz 5th slipped in my book as they tried to up sell me the last time I stayed. And with the closing of the restaurant, is not worth the cost to stay there imho.
HP midtown is bottom on my manhattan list of Hyatts - is a tourist hotel and breakfast there is a zoo. And the elevator is soooo slow (only other worst elevator is the Marriott Marquee in TS).
Hyatt centric TS is nice and have the dry-bar hair drier (not sure if is still a feature at the hotel). Breakfast is very good.
PHNY - hard product excellent. Pool excellent. location excellent. Breakfast ... can't say as I've not stayed there since they first opened.
Andaz WS - lots of wear and tear... thin windows (Sanitation dept pick up garbage in the dead of night). Breakfast nothing to write home about - used to be best at Wall & Water.
Hyatt House - is a HH with one of the best views if you can get high floors facing south. Avoid lower floors as the shower water is not hot during the morning.
Hyatt Union Sq - stayed once and was not impressed. Has a bohemian feel design ... not impressed with the breakfast.
Hyatt Harold Sq - good location but is like living in a dorm. Ikea furnishing. Breakfast used to be good but no longer. But you can get as much as you want as there does not appear to be a limit.
Hyatt LIC - one of the best HP (if there is a thing as best HP) I've stayed in. Always clean and FD very friendly.
Hyatt Flushing.- good loc if you like Asian food. But inside is a bit humid for some reason. They used to give me 1K pts as a bonus when staying there.
GHNY... I said enough

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Mar 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm