FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:24 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Ummm, what?

The RULE that has been alive for as long as I have been here is no more than 2 applications of any kind in a rolling 60-day period. I am not aware of any data points over the last 7 years that refute that hardline rule, nor any DP suggesting that Citi has undercounted days. That is the only solid, unbreakable Citi application rule of which I am aware.

It seems that you and others may have gotten denials in the last few months that have occurred when applying for a second card within 30 days. That is evidence of a rule. However, if ANYONE gets a second card approved in less than 30 days, it is direct and irrefutable proof that there is no hardline "only 1 app in 30 days rule." So, the fact that bobert24 has gotten a second approval in 27 days means that there is NO hardline 1-in-30 rule. Like other things Citi, it may be something that will occur more frequently over time and become a rule, it may be the rule for some people and not others, it may just be their way of messing with you.
Anytime something new occurs, it is an anecdote until it starts happening to lots, most, then all people. It doesn't work the other way around.
Ummm, what?

"It seems that you and others may have gotten denials in the last few months" What pray tell makes it seem that way? I did not mention getting any denials, and in fact that not gotten any in the last 3 years. Nor did the OP mention any denials.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Clearly the OP and I were discussing if Citi has a 1/30 (+?) rule. So I have no idea why you chose to rant on about a 60 day rule.

He quoted another OP who quoted me as saying Citi has a 1/30 rule, and added his DP about an approved app at 27 days. Which seems to contradict the existence of a hard coded 1/30 rule.

" if ANYONE gets a second card approved in less than 30 days, it is direct and irrefutable proof that there is no hardline "only 1 app in 30 days rule."

I beg to differ. Apps can, and sometimes do, slip thru the cracks in the rule structure. As I said, Citi is bad at math and may have miscalculated the dates. Or maybe something else we haven't thought of yet. It takes multiple DPs to establish a 'rule". Citi may have even changed the rules recently. So yes, one anecdote is not enough.

Have a nice day.....