FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:33 pm
Travelling Inspector

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
A321neo seats

Originally Posted by george77300
  • Yes it is the A321neo.
  • Row 26 is standard legroom B-E seats only (positioned in front of exit). 26F position is crew seat.
  • Row 27 has extra legroom in ALL seats (27A-F). But NO window due to door position.
  • Yes the thin Seats on Rows 15-37 (1-14 has Pinnacle.)
  • Unsure about Row 16 although if extra legroom it will be much less than the huge room at Row 27 although Row 16 probably has a window but Row 27 doesn't.
I've just come back from FCO in a 321neo, seated by choice in exit row 16C, which had a thin seat but substantial legroom - to the extent that the table when folded down was too far away. A and F have a well-aligned window. It was easy to compare visually the two types of seat: 1-14 Pinnacle seats have eye-level magazine/iPad storage as well as knee-level nets, and the table is a good width. 15 benefits from this arrangement even though it's the first of the thin-seat rows; the others, 16 back, have a narrow table (see pic - the warning says 'Caution with placement of hot drinks' as they've realised the table is too small...)

and only a knee-level net - and do not recline. All the armrests, including the aisle side, are moveable. The overhead lockers in this area do not have any 'kit' in them so are all available, and seem to be of standard size and depth.
In future if I'm flying in Y I shall opt for up to Row 14 - I can cope quite well with standard seat pitch, and would prefer the old-style seat, table and seat-back fittings.