FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated SFO connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:44 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alsaire
I'm not sure if I posted in the right forum, but I'll be traveling on UA and thought I'd post here since SFO is a hub

So, I have a connecting flight through SFO, and I set up my appointment for Global Entry at the same time, which is in the international arrivals level baggage claim. I was wondering logistically how it would work:

1) I'm going to be flying into SFO and landing in Terminal 3 via domestic UA.
2) I'll be connecting on through Intl Terminal at the G Gates.
3) I have a 6 hr layover.

What I want to do is exit security, do my interview, then go back through security.

Q #1 ) Best way to get from Terminal 3 post-security to Intl terminal baggage claim? Is it Term 3 -> connector to Intl terminal -> exit to baggage claim? If so, do I get caught up with the people that need to do customs/immigration? I've never exited an intl terminal from a domestic flight before. ....
Arriving on a domestical flight, stay airside and head to the International Term. Just after you passed the Polaris Lounge, there is an exit (not requiring customs / immigration), then turn right and continue to the terminal entrance where there will be escalators to the level you want to be on. The CBP office is nearby -- slight to the north.

Originally Posted by alsaire
-Otherwise, should I go Term 3 -> exit to Term 3 baggage claim -> walk outside(?) to Intl terminal baggage claim?
Once in T3 baggage claim, walk toward (right) the International terminal (stay inside the building) don't go outside -- follow the signs, But this would be the second option and only if you have bags to pick.