FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:05 am
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I'm happy for you. But one occurrence is not a Data Point, it's an anecdote. Did you apply at 27 because you saw other DPs that 27 was known to work, or did you just decide to try it out. Since Citi is known to be bad at math, maybe this time they undercounted in your favor?

Don't misunderstand, I'd like 27 days to be proven workable, I just don't want to risk losing a bonus by going 6 days early.
Ummm, what?

The RULE that has been alive for as long as I have been here is no more than 2 applications of any kind in a rolling 60-day period. I am not aware of any data points over the last 7 years that refute that hardline rule, nor any DP suggesting that Citi has undercounted days. That is the only solid, unbreakable Citi application rule of which I am aware.

It seems that you and others may have gotten denials in the last few months that have occurred when applying for a second card within 30 days. That is evidence of a rule. However, if ANYONE gets a second card approved in less than 30 days, it is direct and irrefutable proof that there is no hardline "only 1 app in 30 days rule." So, the fact that bobert24 has gotten a second approval in 27 days means that there is NO hardline 1-in-30 rule. Like other things Citi, it may be something that will occur more frequently over time and become a rule, it may be the rule for some people and not others, it may just be their way of messing with you.

Anytime something new occurs, it is an anecdote until it starts happening to lots, most, then all people. It doesn't work the other way around.