FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:41 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I am defending it because of ppl like you who complains about no in room bottles of water and toilet paper as a reason the hotel is at the bottom of the barrel.
Yes there are issues but over all is a decent GH (for US) compare to other NYC properties in this category.
If you are this adverse to it check out and go else where. There is a Westin down the street where they nickel and dime you for your breakfast. Or up Lex for many other options..
But is obvious you come back again and again despite its flaws. And this is the only proof we need to know that u don't really mean what you say....
Hope you enjoyed the evening offerings this week....see you at breakfast...
I absolutely mean what I say. I despise this hotel and only stay here on the rare occasion when the rate is significantly better than everything else. The other day, it was $149 to everything else's $200+ (including Fairfield Inns etc), so it got my booking. As soon as I saw rates drop lower, I checked out early and moved myself to a Four Points.

The location of the GH is convenient too, connected directly indoors to my office via Grand Central. So, it gets the occasional booking.

Pretty much every other Hyatt property in NYC is better than this GH. Just about the only other that I didn't love is the Hyatt Herald Square. And the HP. The PH, the Centric, the Hyatt Union Square, the Andazes, the House are all far far better than this miserable GH.