FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for ANA award routings
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:10 am
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm based in New York. I want to book an award to Japan but then I got to thinking. I'm considering doing something like New York to Delhi in J and then coming back from Delhi on F ticket with a stopover in Japan for a week or two.
Where exactly do you want to go to? Tokyo? Or somewhere farther than Tokyo to get to fly some more flights on Business/First class?

The Delhi-Tokyo route is J only The point increase is not too bad like an extra 35k points for those two J flights but what other routings would make for a good award
If you just want to go somewhere, then why not Australia or Jakarta or Bangkok or KL (or China?)
"Good" really depends on each person.
I find it Good to go to Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok for cheap getaways at resorts, but you might not find it good if that is not what you are looking for.

I have like 152k miles to make a redemption with.
ANA miles? Or another mileage program currency?
If ANA miles, you cannot affort a First class award ON ANA out of the USA to anywhere beyond Japan (to Asia).
Cheapest is USA/Japan at 150K miles, and then USA to anywhere else into Asia with F combined comes out at a higher rate.
If you are looking for mixed awards (F out, J back etc.), then just play with the booking tool to find something you like.

I figure I could also do SE Asia but didn't know if there is a better way to maximize my stopovers to hit more countries on the same redemption
Better to FIRST confirm required mileage and destination Zones definitions here.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe.../tk/usage.html

Just play with the ANA search tool and see what prices out, and what doesn't price out, and also find out the cost of each award. Then chose one!