FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:39 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Not really much in the way of views since it is DC, everything is pretty flat due to the height restriction. Can partially see the Capital dome from the east side Sakura level rooms but nothing to write home about.

I found the rooms incredibly quiet. Given, again, the mid-rise format necessitated by DC, I was curious about street noise but there was nothing. AC is silent too.
Thanks for this info!

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Please get some photos of the Sakura Club lounge fare if you book a SC room! I'm very curious about it, and would like to see if lounge food presentations are worth the price differential. Thanks!
Afraid I won't be booking an SCL rate, but will try to post a review after I get back from my trip.

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I just had a wonderful stay at the new Conrad. It really is a nice property and the service was excellent. For those asking, the diamond breakfast benefit is $15/night ($30 for guest+1). You could get breakfast in the Estuary restaurant. You could also use your $15/$30 credit at any other time of day at any of the food/bar places - the hotel will just apply the credit to your folio.
Good to know about your great stay and thanks for this info, though $15 definitely seems on the cheap side for a major Hilton, much less a Conrad.