FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA flight (op WDL Aviation) lands in Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf by mistake
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:07 pm
tangey

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No. Despatcher that I am referring to is the person at WDL Ops that generates the flight plan based on loads and winds and files it. Not the gate agent who is also sometimes referred to as the dispatcdispatcher.

I'm speculating as much as anyone, with the addition of my knowledge of flight plan filing based in being a private pilot who has completed and filed flight plans. Those systems are run by ATC which is why my supposition that there's no connection. You can try poke holes in my speculation but since that's all it is it gets us nowhere nearer the truth
I'm not poking holes, as per your response above, your earlier reply was ambiguous as to it's meaning, I assumed you were speaking about the ground despatcher, whereas you were speaking about a WDL employee. I asked my original question in the hope that someone with actual knowledge of the protocol and logistics could advise was this issue because of an error in a check that should have been made but wasn't, or because no such check happens