FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:33 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Have I actually stumped FT?

According to the just-changed DL website, it specifies D1 passengers, with no mention of any other class, get SC access if they're flying DL Canada or Mexico flights. But there are no D1 seats on any of those flights. Not even the premium JFK-MEX seats are considered D1, just FC.

I've noticed JFK-SNN flights highest class is PS! Will the JFK lounge dragons tell the passengers who plopped down thousands of dollars for the best seats on the plane to get lost?
Did you look at the before and after shots on the web site I posted? There was much discussion on this issue recently as a number of people noticed that "Sky Club" was no longer showing on their BP for trans-border F flights to Canada. However, there had been absolutely no changes to the website wording, so many questioned whether there had been an actual change in policy (including myself). Now, post these discussions on FT, there has been an actual change on the Delta website in the last few weeks. See how they added the words "(excluding Delta)"? See the date on the archive.org snapshot? Given this update on the website, this certainly implies an actual change in policy. As I noted, the previous wording left it somewhat ambiguous as these Delta flights could be considered "SkyTeam Premium Cabin" international flights and apparently Delta did previously qualify them on that basis. The wording change pretty much removes any ambiguity by adding the words "(excluding Delta)".

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 2019 at 10:58 am