FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:54 am
IADFlyer123

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus
Interesting. I read in some other thread that the line just recognizes and fast tracks 1Ks. This made sense of my most recent interactions. I was quickly connected to agents who recognized me as a 1K when I had to do some last-minute changes to the itinerary that brought me here to Rome, Italy. The service was pretty quick and efficient. However, it was quite clear that the system didn't recognize me as a 1K when I called again from Rome (I'm sure that my number didn't look exactly the same to the system's computers what with international prefixes and all). But when I entered my credentials, my interactions proceeded just as before.
That would have been a great solution in my case as well. I understand if the IVR doesn't recognize the MP number, but once it is put it, run your checks and then route appropriately. Certainly, don't want to deal with inefficient agents who are repeating the same thing off a script and calling us "Whatever Premier Member" .