FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Negative changes to American Express Platinum Concierge
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:52 am
icelandman2

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Steven6702
In the past I've had success in using the AmEx Platinum Concierge for a variety of tasks, some of which included getting into the details of a product or service I was looking for, calling around to different vendors for me, and sending me information/options. It has saved me a lot of time, and their scope of services has been one of the big reasons I have stopped using other concierge services and even a driving factor in my keeping the Platinum card.

I sent a request yesterday -- relatively basic, requires a little Googling and a few phone calls -- and was informed that they no longer handle this sort of thing. They have dumbed down the concierge service to the level of Chase's, handling things like ordering flowers, making dining reservations, searching for directions or movie times, etc. They're mostly the categories of things that I can just ask my Amazon Alexa to find out or do for me, or things that I could do myself in less time than it would take to contact the concierge.

This is a big disappointment to see, especially with the fee increases. Concierge is a valuable service for the people who use it, and I would much rather see them limit the number of requests than completely stop certain categories.
What sort of request were you making? I make requests as you describe to Plat concierge semi-frequently and have never been told they couldn't/wouldn't handle a request. The closest I've ever gotten was them telling me that they would find me results but couldn't vouch for the safety/reliability of some very specific transportation I was seeking between two locations in Malaysia (lol).