FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brand perceptions
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:57 am
Dav77

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Wow. That is certainly an interesting thought. Obviously this is all largely subjective, but to me, I could see how Styles and Moxy could be compared, but Moxy seems to go as far as possible to remind you it is budget. No dedicated reception. No phones in rooms to call reception. No desk or table in the rooms. I would always choose Ibis over Moxy for those reasons.
i think probably there are many differences inside same brand across the world, for each brand.

as told, my experience on middle level properties (Novotel/Mercure/Moxy) is based on my stays in Italy and France mainly.

If I compare my recent stays at 2 Moxys in Italy with the average Novotels and Mercures in Italy, I would prefer Moxy for the rest of my life ...

Moxy Milano Linate and Moxy Milano Malpensa have receptions/phone/restaurant/desk/walk in shower. Recent properties with very nice atmosphere if compared with 80% of Italian Novotels or Mercures at less expensive rates. (Even Ibis style are nicer than most of the Novotels/Mercures in Italy ...)

Maybe it would change if you compare the same in Asia or at any very recent or new Novotel/Mercure like the ones seen in some recent reviews here.

And there are of course some exceptions if I think at Novotel Milano Linate or Mercure Bari (where i’m Staying just now and it’s very nice property, a lot better than some mercure I have been in Asia ...)

i think is difficult to fix some rules to apply without considering there are a lot a lot of differences across the world inside a Brand.

If my stays would be 90% in Asia or in countries where Accor is really at its best on middle level properties, i’m Sure my feedback would be completely different.