FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Condor Airlines - safe? Good experience? Anything I should know? Never heard of it
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:57 pm
duvin

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I fly them a lot (10 r/t per year) because 1) lots of miles-earning on Alaska 2) cheap business class (also not very good, but still ok) and 3) the only nonstop SJU-Europe.

F/As and pilots are fine. Ground process is ....-tier -- you have to call them on the phone and wait for many minutes/hour to change things. Unless you pay for flex, changes (even business class) are expensive.

I arrived 54 minutes before a business class SEA-FRA and my ticket was invalidated; I had to buy a new ticket on another airline.

If I weren't trying to requal for AS MVPG75K despite living outside the US, and if there were literally any other airline for SJU-Europe, I'd never fly Condor.
Regarding your invalidated ticket, I think that went perfectly ok. Checkin deadline is 60 minutes before departure and you should be at the gate 45 mins prior. If you bought a discount business ticket, it might very well have hefty no-show fee. You can expect to have the exact same treatment on the majority of european carriers.