FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection ZRH
Thread: Connection ZRH
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:29 pm
chris63
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I'd not expect that most members asking here about transfer from D to E are HON members, plus I'm fairly sure if a HON is in a rush to get from D to E - and for whatever reason no direct transfer was waiting for him/her, taking the Heidi express to E and passing security there will beat time-wise the quite long trek to A lounge (through the hidden door), then scheduling a private ride over to E, waiting for that one, getting personal immigration, and then being driven over by quite some distance.

Sure, they can let the gate know that there is still a HON coming, and they'll (most probably) wait for you this way, but what if - for some reason - there isn't a car available right then, and they'll tell you that the next car is in 15min, and that they couldn't keep the aircraft waiting so long? That's a long shot scenario, but even for a HON, a walk-Heidi train-security transfer will always be faster than a immigration-long walk to lounge-wait for car-immigration-drive to E gates transfer.

Obviously, what you describe is the best transfer for a HON if you've ample time. But on a hurry? I'd say not so much.
I would not know how long the lines were at transfer security E.
if I was in danger of a misconect they out to be waiting for a HON at the gate for a ramp transfer.
No more distance involved walking to A FCL than the Heidi train IMO.
Never had to wait for a car from A to E yet, if the time was getting short.