FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:39 pm
ozztraveller

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mattya9
Great information about Hilton Sydney! I just booked a 5 night stay here in May and am looking forward to it. Question though... As a newly minted Diamond, after I made the reservation, I clicked on the “request upgrade” in the app but it said nothing was available. After digging around a bit on FT, this seems to be a fairly normal occurrence and it seems I’ll just have to inquire upon check in. Can someone confirm this strategy is the correct one? Secondly, I know YMMV when it comes to upgrades (city, hotel, day of stay, season, etc), but given this specific hotel, and for those of you (Diamonds) that have stayed here before, what has been your experience with getting suite upgrades here? Our reservation is a Monday through Friday night reservation, if that helps. Thank you in advance!

OPS
When booking with points or points and pay the upgrade option will not show.

As far as upgrade to a suite unfortunately this hotel has a large number of diamonds regularly staying so makes it near impossible for any upgrade past an exec room. If you are willing to pay extra you can negotiate a price as they will upsell.