FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brand perceptions
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:21 pm
Dav77

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I would say that on my opinion:

Pullman is not comparable at all with W ..starting from the different rates

W (on my small experience at this brand) is at least (if not more) same level than Sofitel. Even if Sofitels have more intimate and quiet atmosphere (except at resorts) and often less expensive and more business oriented.

Not yet enaugh experience to say if Sofitel are same level at JW (I think so) or St. Regis and Ritz (I don’t think so) ...I can see more at Raffles/Sofitel Legend level/rates.

On my small experience at Banyan Tree I can say it’s the best on holiday.

At middle level brands (and considering mainly Italy and France):

Moxys are much more better not only than Ibis style but also than Mercure and Novotel

Mgallery: too many different properties inside this brand.

I’ve been at some Mgallery with same high level than Sofitel and some quite old ones, I think it’s the same at Marriott

i can’t identity at Accor any real alternative at Courtyard and Four Points, on my experience (Italy and France) since the rates are often smilar than Novotels, but probably only in Asia also the quality is similar.

I think Sofitels are the most valuable properties inside Accor group. Excellent properties/service/tier recognition/food/atmosphere for the price you pay (sometimes I have found some properties really underrated, for what they offer, honestly) . I can’t remember any important negative issue after have spent more than 30 stays more than 15 different Sofitels around the world.

It’s really my favorite hotel brand (even because I can’t afford regularly to spend a lot more than Sofitel average rates on holidays)

i hope I will have same feeling at JW Marriotts, the brand i identity as more similar to Sofitel.