FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Fee to Send Back Left Item
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:13 pm
jpzeller

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by gengar
That's horrible, especially for a luxury hotel. At the very least they should allow your choice of any shipper than can be scheduled to pickup at the hotel. Claiming they can't ensure delivery of the item with other shippers is just silly.
Also, just for the record:
Palace Hotel Tokyo - did not charge any additional fees to ship back a damaged piece of luggage via EMS.
Doubletree South Bend - I mistakenly left a few toiletries in the room including a case that was no longer produced, so I really wanted it back. They didn't even charge me to box up and ship the stuff back to me. Again, a Doubletree.
Agreed 100%.
Also, just for the record:

Glad to hear about the Doubletree in South Bend; Go Irish!!

Several years ago, stayed at the Peninsula Tokyo for the first time. Took the hotel's limo (a small bus) to Narita, and used my wife's new digital camera to take photos on the way. (This was pre-iPhones.) Only after going through security at Narita did I discover that I left the camera on the bus. I emailed the concierge and asked for what I thought would be a fruitless search for the camera.

In any event, on my return to work in Chicago two days later, the camera was sitting on my desk (i.e., it made it back before I did). No charge, just a very polite note. One of my partners remarked that had they not been able to find the camera, they would have bought a new one and magically figured out which photos to take before sending it along.

Having said all that, it is very disappointing - and extremely surprising - to hear about the Park Hyatt, and kudos to the Palace Hotel Tokyo as well..