FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:00 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
While I take your point, surely your argument would equally apply to those who only describe their stay as "perfect" and fail to highlight any negative aspects? In any event, I stand by my review of the property; I plan to try the W later this year and hopefully the stay will be better.
Absolutely. While I can understand someone being in love with the resort and glossing over the negatives, I think a fair review should be objective and no hotel is perfect. I pointed out in my review a few months ago that I thought a hotel of this caliber could have 1.5 bathroom instead of 1, I mentioned about water leaking on the floor in the morning when raising the blinds causing the wood tiles to show some wear, the very slippery deck going into the ocean from the OWVs leading to my injury, etc.

I am looking forward to your review of W and how it compares to St.Regis. As far as I am concerned later this year I will split my stay between St.Regis and Waldorf Astoria to compare these two.