FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:58 am
aerobinso

I was finally restored also and have to echo a big thanks to the Lurker team (finally had success going directly through Twitter). Interesting side note--before going the Twitter route, I called in (thought why not--almost for entertainment value). Interestingly, the CS rep was knowledgeable and understood right away what was going on. She then explained that she was from the Starwood side before the merger and would have been able to correct it right there on the spot if they still had the old system. But, Marriott took away that ability and centralized everything (which is the exact opposite of what many successful companies do, by the way), so things like this are getting backlogged into some central research team. She transferred me to someone who supposedly had fast track authority above the research team (in the "Affairs" office), but this person eventually just tried to deal with the same person who was handling my case and couldn't get him to respond either.

Later that day, I received a reply from the Lurker team on Twitter, clarified a few questions, and they seemed to have solved it right there on the spot (so they must have greater authority than the front line CS reps). Lesson learned--if you have a problem with something in the Bonvoy program, then contact via Twitter.