FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:20 am
Lkaroo

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the additional feedback.

What I meant with "biased" is that if someone goes to a hotel, and there are 5 positive things from their stay, 5 negative things from their stay, and the reviewer comes on FT and only talk about the 5 negative because he's upset, then in my mind it's biased because the 5 positives are not mentioned. That's not to take away that the 5 negatives should have been fixed by the hotel and perhaps were not, but an unbiased review would not fail to mention the positives. Your additional feedback makes the review more balanced indeed, in my humble opinion.

Originally when you talked about breakfast you had mostly negative comments; while I could understand some aspects of the hotel being not ideal, breakfast would be a hard one to criticize. They have an a la carte menu in addition to buffet, omelets with lobster & caviar, free flow prosecco, delicious Maldivian style eggs benedict... I have visited hundreds of hotels from various hotel chains and for someone to claim this breakfast is below average could only come from people who exclusively visit cream of the crop hotels on this planet. If you are Marriott Titanium you must have visited lots of Marriott family hotels and it's unlikely that you could find more than 100 of the 6700 Marriott hotels in the chain which have better breakfast than St.Regis Maldives. It must be top 25 for sure, if not top 10.

I do believe that breakfast has not only quantity, but quality as well so our opinions differ. Also my experience about the service was opposite to yours, as mentioned in my review the chef would prepare orders off the menu specifically to cater to my wife's tastes after he got to know us starting day 3 or so. This is excellent service as far as I am concerned.
While I take your point, surely your argument would equally apply to those who only describe their stay as "perfect" and fail to highlight any negative aspects? In any event, I stand by my review of the property; I plan to try the W later this year and hopefully the stay will be better.