FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:47 pm
ermen

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by dannyhk
I've just used Asiamiles to book a J seat on CX out of London for my daughter in August (i.e. peak season), which wasn't available through Avios. And two reward seats on the CX flight from Madrid to Hong Kong (this time in PE), which again weren't available via Avios.
So there are definitely still some occasions when CX offers superior award availability to its own members. But, equally, as we've all found out to our frustration, there are now other occasions when its now the other way round--and the superior availability is only availability is only available through partners.

Can anyone work out some kind of pattern as to when AM members get superior availability? And when its partners such as Avios that get the better availability?
its quite simple. the rule/observation:

- if its a connecting segment, you have a better chance of partner availability.
- if its O&D HKG, you have a better chance of AM (standard) availability.

something is really wrong with the AM booking system. say for the posters' experience : USA-xHKG-SIN. The AM engine seems to search it as 2 individual segments. Whereas partners seem to search it as a connecting / married segment which has better availability overall for partners (on the flip side, they have really taken the knife to partner O&D redemptions - likely due to BA/Alaksa partner redemptions no doubt)