FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:19 pm
MJMLBBtoCPH

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Originally Posted by tom911
Is the hot breakfast buffet section gone then? I haven't been in there in a couple years, as I left AA EXP behind, but do recall having breakfast there in the morning with eggs and sausage, as well as using the showers, a number of times over the years. I can see them not having a full offering on Christmas morning if they're operating with minimum staff, but surely there are still breakfast options there beyond a croissant?
I was there in the afternoon about 40 minutes before it closed on Christmas Day, so maybe they had picked up the hot breakfast. In fairness to AA, I exaggerated a bit in that I think there were a few other things like Danishes and a few other snacks in addition to the croissants. But, I didn't see anything substantial - certainly nothing like the food offerings at the LAX flagship lounge and nothing so interesting that the OP should feel they were missing out on something by not being allowed in.

I've only ever gone to London for leisure, so the idea of spending time in a ho-hum lounge when I could be out exploring seems counterproductive. But, if you are there on business and need a shower or you get there very early in the morning well before you can check in to your hotel, I can see value in going there for a bit to freshen up, but I wouldn't choose it over the BA arrivals lounge.