FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA flight (op WDL Aviation) lands in Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf by mistake
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:20 pm
bd95

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
My bolding

I was wondering about this too. Has anyone been on these WDL operated BA flights before and if so is it the SOP for the Captain/FO to chat to the passengers about weather etc at destination before takeoff like every BA operated flight I've been on? I'm sure the error would have been picked up then if it was the case.
I’ve been on a WDL op flight a few years ago to LCY. I admit BA captains can tend to the verbose at times but on WDL the communication from the flight deck was brief. On boarding the captain did confirm the destination (LCY) only to tell us how difficult a landing it is. On performing a touch-and-go go around at LCY on a beautifully clear and calm day, after stabilising the plane back into the holding pattern the sole announcement from the flight deck was “We’re going to try that again”, followed by an explanatory announcement from the purser, “Captain is going around”. One of the few occasions I genuinely feared for my safety in flight and would never board one of their flights again. Ever.