FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Award Category Changes - Effective March 5, 2019.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:24 am
BeantownFlyer

Update on my experience:
1) Despite my initial message to the twitter team, and two follow up messages, I not only did not get a substantive response from them in 24 hours, but did not even get an acknowledgement, or suggestion that they were looking into it. That is 22 hours without a peep (or more accurately without a tweet). There is no excuse for that in my view.
2) I called back in and got a great phone rep. She too told me she was seeing the reservation being made on March 5th. However after I explained why I needed this resolved promptly (given my $3,500 worth of plane tickets in the 24 hour cancellation period) she dug deeper, and was able to confirm that indeed I was not making up a story, and the reservation was made at 10:30pm on the 4th. She also said that any agent had the ability to find this information if they knew what they were doing. She was then able to get the supervisor approval needed to credit my account with the point differential (120,000 points in my case) and issue and attach the certificates. It took 45 minutes, but it was like the good old days, which a caring, diligent phone representative.
3) So lessons learned (some of which I should have known): (a) print your confirmation or take a screen shot when you make it; (b) don't wait for the last minute to do these kind of transactions; (c) know that on a points advance reservation you probably will not get an e-mail confirmation; (d) don't call the elite desk on the weekend - you will get the B team at best; and (e) don't count on a reply or help from the social media team. Oh, and as everyone knows, the entire merger implementation is a disaster.