FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:34 am
rcs85551

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents

As many of you know, booking a revenue ticket in conjunction with a BA Gold Upgrade voucher had two key advantages:
1) Upgraded cabin booking into revenue inventory (T/I/A) with better availability
2) Credit of Avios / Tier Points based on the upgraded class of service

Apparently BA is in the process of changing the internal procedure to ensure credit is only given based on the paid class of service, and not the upgraded class of service anymore.

I first noticed this today with one of the bookings involving a GUV for one of my travel agency customers, who questioned the reduced amount of Avios when pulling up the booking on ba.com.

The PNR now has SSRs added for each upgraded segment as follows, using the FFTJ keyword:
SSR FFTJ BA HK1 BA12345678......../JI FA/00000000/S1

I had a look at other PNRs from other customers, and it seems like BA staff in BOM is in the process of going through all existing bookings involving a Gold Upgrade Voucher, retroactively adding the keyword to all existing bookings they can catch.

So FFTJ is now not only used to make sure revenue bookings upgraded with Avios / vouchers through BA directly earn credit (rather than showing up as a redemption), FFTJ is now also being used to reduce the credit where upgrades go into higher revenue booking classes.