FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:00 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
While this is very annoying it does make you wonder is it genuinely overbooked by the system or a hotel trying to clear out cheap points reservations to be able to take cash reservations. If you have 3 nights booked maybe suggest you would be happy to have 1 night moved but still experience 2 nights at the property.

I dont know how much you travel to Dubai but you could also ask if they will move the dates or if you wish to be their for NYE ask about the following year and see what they say!
Considering this property unsuccessfully tried to game the system and not provide benefits to guests staying on points I don't for a second believe the hotel is overbooked. This looks like the hotel trying to create availability for cash-paying guests.

It's March. A lot could happen between now and December 2019. Guests could cancel, etc. I would refuse to be moved and take your chances.