FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:34 am
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I think several have reported this with SDC but I had never seen this before until yesterday. Boarded at my origin on a flight to IAH and normally when you board you can SDC the downline segments. I pulled up the app to see what options were available for the IAH-destination leg. It only gave me non-stop flights on that calendar day only. No connection options (which were available) and no non-stop options the next day (still within 24 hours) appeared at all. This happened all the way up until I boarded the connection in IAH.

-RM
SDCing one segment into two segments did not appear on App even though fare classes were available. Two recent examples was 1) SFO-PVG to SFO-LAX-PVG in G and 2) DTW-IAD to DTW-ORD-IAD in PZ.
Another unrelated issue was that one-stop of PVG-IAD with 8 hour layover at SFO was not given on App; but 1K agent could do it. I ended at getting a two-stop option to arrive at IAD four hours earlier than the one-stop option.
In general, App is still doing one segment to another one segment or two segments to other two segments. The latter may be more restrictive than before.