FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel industry rate [Merged threads]
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:21 am
PurdueFlyer

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
As it stands under the new Marriott Bonvoy program (as of August 18, 2018) the discount codes Z31 and TVL are not eligible rates for status or point accrual.
I'm curious where you specifically saw that "Z31" rates are now excluded from earnings ... my understanding was that TVL rates had been excluded for years (which is why I haven't booked one of those rates in years), but I don't see any disclaimers on Z31 rates. Yes, Z31 is "airline leisure rate" however there's no disclaimer on marriott's own link regarding the program guidelines for that particular Z31 rate. Airline Leisure Program

And, when you put Z31 in the rate code box on marriott.com, it only indicates the applicable companies that are eligible to use that rate, for which you must provide an ID. You would think, in 2019, that they could have an additional note when the rate code box pops up that says "This rate will not earn points or stay credit!" but I guess Bonvoy would rather take our money and then tell us later that the stay wasn't eligible for credit.