FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:06 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMHBIZTraveler
Quick question on Business Saver Awards. I called the GS desk to try and open space for 3 Biz class seats really from anywhere to LHR June 1st-4th (any day worked). I live in CMH but took that out of the equation to try and simplify.
While the agent was super nice, she couldn't find anything, and wouldn't share the fare bucket I need to search for. Anyone have any suggestions? Using 900,000 miles just seems excessive for that flight?
What are you trying to do? Get an Y award and upgrade, or get a business class award? They require different classes. And even when those are available, there are unpublished capacity restrictions that apply to flights that have to be verified before space is manually converted.

T converts to XN (saver economy award) assuming flight is within thresholds. Add a GPU and it goes to PN (GS upgraded business class).

PZ (regular upgraded business class) can sometimes be converted into IN (saver business award) if a flight is within thresholds. I think this is a wishy-washy benefit-- certainly haven't used it in a while, possibly because PZ is a ghost lately.

You're not exactly toying around with a market in which it is easy to find premium space at a discount, much less on miles.