FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric (The Grand) Minneapolis REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:31 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I stayed here recently and was given a one bedroom corner suite as a Glob. There's free basic wine (and beer?) for all in the lobby every day from 5 to 6 pm, with an appetizer of the day. Glob breakfast is room service with a very generous limit. Globs are also told to take one of the big $7 bottles of water in the room.

The sushi and steak restaurant, IIRC called Rare, on the second floor closed suddenly in February; I haven't heard anything about plans to fill the space with another F&B outlet. In the meantime, the lobby bar is also a restaurant and even has a couple private (karaoke like, as one would find in some hostess bars in Asia) rooms on the side toward the back. They offer an inexpensive buffet breakfast (AKAIK all cold, but it's on a long table behind the wall behind the bar) and some lunch deals. The lobby has a fireplace (long fake as I've seen in other Hyatts) and the "famous" lion status, which I've been told will be preserved in the renovations to become a Hyatt Centric. Currently the place is quirky with some vestiges from its Minneapolis Athletic Club era (when it did have a lot of basic hotel rooms, but they might not have been bookable by the general public) as well as its Kimpton era.

Valet parking is expensive here, so it can be a decent local place to use an expiring cat 1-4 free night cert.