FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RYANAIR thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:50 am
BruceyBonus

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
NOt too sure how to post this, truly the worst experience I have ever had flying. At the bag drop, the agents were friendly and cheerful and very helpful. Spoke with the agent about my carry on, she told me I wont have a problem. Get to the gate, and it doesn't fit, first thing out of the gate agents mouth is, that'll be 50 euro this is WITHOUT looking at my ticket. She would not listen to me, her attitude got bad and then she walked away. I had purchased 2 check bags, I was lost on how they cuold charge me 50 euro the gate agent wouldn't answer the question. When this other agent showed up asked me what the problem was, I explained that the drop bag agent told me that my roller board was OK, I get to the gate and it's not.The first thing out of the gate agents mouth was 50 Euro, she never looked at my tickets to see I had paid for 2 check bags. THe new agents checked and saw that I did have 2 check bags, he apologized and took care of the problem.
I guess they made an assumption (quite a reasonable one too) that someone wouldn't carry their checked luggage to the gate.