FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA forces POS to credit card billing country -- restricts which site/card can be used
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:49 am
xzh445

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by lsquare
So I was trying to purchase airfare from United's Canadian website with my credit card (USD) and United won't let me proceed with it. The reason why I want to do that is because there is about a $10 difference after currency conversion. When I put in my billing information and click "purchase", United would stop processing the transaction and tells me that they have updated the pricing to reflect the billing information that I had entered. Anyone here experienced this before? Now I know it's only $10, but money doesn't grow on trees...
Have bought 3 round trips. YYZ-HUB(ORD/SFO)-HNL direct on UA website in the last 9 months. Mix of direct search and Google flights. No issues. US citizen, US credit card. When using Google Flights, the display comes back in CA $ when sent to UA.com. . Select the drop down at the top for North America//US English. Reprices to US$. Proceed with purchase... never a problem. Are you selecting US/English?

Last edited by xzh445; Mar 24, 2019 at 11:16 am