FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:26 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Does anyone know how much gratuities the staff get with the breakfast vouchers that have gratuities included? Is it standard across North America or different depending on location and hotel?

I don't usually carry cash with me and the Delta hotels in Canada never gives me a bill to sign. They insist that gratuity is included and not to worry about it.
The vouchers for the elite status breakfast benefit that corporate Marriott supplies to individual properties specifically state tip and tax included.

I have seen most properties use them. What the tip is who knows, but considering many of the properties are unionized I would be shocked if it was less than whatever the tip fee is for room service (typically 18% or 20%).

The only time I have seen different vouchers is when breakfast was included as part of the room rate or when breakfast was comped as a service recovery.