FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm so fed up with Uber for charging more than the agreed upon price
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:04 am
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It probably varies by region. In my area, there are bad Uber drivers for sure, but there are so many of them on the road that my chances of getting a good driver are decent. That, and drivers are so desperate for rides that they are not incentivized to screw around. Meanwhile if I open Lyft, it will say 4 minutes for a ride and show a bunch of car icons on the map. But, when I hit request, the timer will go up to 7 minutes and be matched with "the closest driver is completing a trip nearby." The 7 minute estimate would never be accurate because it would take 7 minutes if the driver threw the other passenger out of the car while still moving. In reality, it takes the driver a minute or two to stop, drop off the previous passenger, and then look at their app to see where the next pickup is. So, that 7 minutes really turns into 10, when I could have gotten a ride from Uber in 4 minutes instead. Either Lyft has a supply problem, or business is so great for them that they don't have to care about losing mine.