FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Elite Upgrades Discussion Thread
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:55 pm
paolo64

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

It is of course important to note that just because a suite is online doesn’t mean it’s in the suite pool. It might be over-sell, or it might be pre-assigned to someone else. Marriott seems to suffer from aggressive customers who are inconsiderate towards front desk staff a lot more than SPG was - I’ve seen a number of cases in the last few months. Please don’t be proactive in this way.
Agree. But this is the fault of the company, isn’t it? If they forced properties to honour the rules, it would be less common to see this kind of unseemly bickering at the front desk. All I ask for of a program is that the rules are clear, consistent and enforced. I’m never going to stand in the lobby arguing the toss over upgrade or not ( and nor for that matter do I want to have to ask...it’s tacky.) Upgrades should be offered and assigned automatically, end of the story.
If I detect a hotel not playing by the spirit of the program, if not the precise rules, then I vote with my feet/wallet and move on . However, I will complain in writing for a egregious breach.