FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:54 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by YVR guy
The SGS has been my go-to hotel for my trips to Bangkok. The GM does a great job running this property. However I'm curious about trying someplace different. There are several newer Bonvoy hotels in BKK that i'd like to try. The main 2 features I like about SGS are the Platinum benefit of taking the execllent breakfast in the main restaurant. Also the evening cocktail options in various venues is a great benefit. I don't like being confined to a club lounge that usually has very limited offerings.

Are there any other properties in Bangkok that have the similar or better breakfast and cocktail offerings like the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit? Location in the city isn't a major factor. Thanks for any insight you can share.
You might like the Le Meridien, which has a fantastic breakfast with a private platinum area and with free-flowing prosecco. It also has a free-flowing platinum happy hour at the bar which i like much more than club lounges.