FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage MileSAAver: Through Award Fare Restriction Dec 2018
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:27 am
bruinfan90

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Your initial claim was very different, you're only confirming what (most) people have been trying to tell you the whole time-- seeding confusion the whole time.
Again, your initial claim was erroneous (and based on a confusing Agent comment) and now you seem to be realizing that.
I have a lot of respect for you and your contributions to these boards, JonNYC. I do beg to differ in your assessment that my initial claim was erroneous, or tangibly different from my most recent summation. The only thing I did not know was that #3 was rolled out at the same time as #2 . My point all along has been that #3 is additive to #2 and was a conscious 2nd step taken by American, not a necessary side effect to the expansion of married segment award availability. While #2 was positive, #3 was a very negative move.

Maybe I'm the only one on these boards that was unaware of #3 when #2 was proudly announced by American last year, but I doubt it.