FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Fee to Send Back Left Item
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:52 am
EdofFX

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Has OP mentioned how much the hotel said it will cost vs how much he think it should cost? Are we talking about a $100 difference or a $5 difference? That should make a difference.

I think it is reasonable for a hotel to use a preferred carrier. They may already have an account with them and they have a regular pick up schedule with them, so that they don't need to spend extra time and paper work dealing with a new shipping company. If an airline serves Pepsi, it would be troublesome to find you a coke.

I would expect a Luxury Hotel to offer high quality services and I would expect to pay extra for the better services. Luxury does not mean all-inclusive to me. If I order in room service, should I be expected to not tip because I already paid $1,000 for the room? Of course not. Same idea if I ask the Concierge to do something for me, I would tip appropriately even if the Concierge does not charge by request.

Slightly off topic, a free breakfast at a Hampton Inn is not the same as a free breakfast in a white table cloth restaurant in a Luxury Hotel. IMHO.

Last edited by EdofFX; Mar 23, 2019 at 10:38 am Reason: To clarify further