FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:46 am
hokiebuy

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I think several have reported this with SDC but I had never seen this before until yesterday. Boarded at my origin on a flight to IAH and normally when you board you can SDC the downline segments. I pulled up the app to see what options were available for the IAH-destination leg. It only gave me non-stop flights on that calendar day only. No connection options (which were available) and no non-stop options the next day (still within 24 hours) appeared at all. This happened all the way up until I boarded the connection in IAH. First time I've seen this and I hope it's not a new policy that's about to be enforced (e.g., can't SDC to the following day, can't SDC more than "x" times on a ticket, etc.).

-RM
Yup, that's exactly my observation on a iad-yyz. SDC only works for that day. On the bright side, it allows you to SDC to different fare classes on the same day within the cabin. I have a P fare and can SDC to D and C fare classes as well. Who knows how long this algorithm might last. SDC was the best UA feature and this might cause me to stop chasing UA Gold status.