FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Fee to Send Back Left Item
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:06 pm
s0ssos

Originally Posted by troyb
Thanks everyone for your comments and responses. It is interesting to see such divergent views on this. I tend to agree with those who think this skews towards nickel and diming, but also understand the other points of view.

I think what I'll do is send one more email succinctly expressing how this spoils my view of an otherwise great stay (and one that left me eager to return on an upcoming trip). I'll also let them know that if they want to charge me the marked up amount that they can go ahead, and I'll pay it, but I won't be returning to this property ever again. I don't normally post on Tripadvisor, but I may do it there as well. Some hotels seem to respond to that. By the way, I realized I never shared which PH property this is, but in case you were wondering, it is the PH Saigon.

Thanks again
I've stayed there before, thought they had poor service. As did PH Siam Reap. I don't think it is quite the same in southeast Asia for Park Hyatts, even though their name technically is the same as that in Tokyo.