FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Priority Security at HND
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:32 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Some person
Let's see if I can read that...Now if you can read both versions, you can guess that "xxx xxx" = "use the" and that "○○○空会社" = "運営航空会社" but I don't think that the idea is that you should have to speak both languages so that you can fill in the blanks where the sign is unreadable. Of course, it's easier to read if you're standing there as opposed to looking at a photo of the sign. Still, make it bigger, please! It's too hard to read!
I managed to decipher them OK in the photo, but in fact it wouldn't be easy to read it if you are standing in front of the sign, especially if you are tall (simply by virtue of being longer distance away from the fine print), and the issue isn't just about the readability but noticing it in the first place.

Who stands there long enough, stares at it and notices the 'fine print' right at the bottom gets in the way of others. Then of course you get criticised for blocking people's path

Originally Posted by GinFizz
The wording would be much clearer though as "must be the operating carrier" ("match" could arguably be interpreted as referring to an appropriate alliance).
It should say something along the lines of:

To use our Priority Lane, passengers must be either flying First Class or holding a qualifying frequent flyer status indicated below*, issued by the operating carrier of the relevant flight. No other passengers, including business class passengers, may use our Priority Lane.

*Below, not above, because the explanation should be placed at the top of the sign, not at the bottom.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 22, 2019 at 7:41 pm