FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm so fed up with Uber for charging more than the agreed upon price
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:00 pm
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I've never had this happen with lyft.
It happened to me with Lyft frequently. They finally caught on to them refunding me ~$10 a day and fixed it so that the up front price would creep up a few cents over time (I commuted on this route) instead. I’m sure they were pretty unhappy when they never recouped it because my employer moved me to a different location soon after

Lyft has gotten really bad lately though. They can’t maintain a minimum level of acceptable service and their drivers suck more than Uber’s at this point. They probably have me labeled as a habitual complainer now because I have issues every other ride or so. I’m often getting drivers that will accept rides and then not move or accept rides and then drive away. Lyft no longer rematches me when this happens, forcing me to cancel, and whenever I cancel, the new fare is always higher than the previous one. When I complain, I now get canned responses. I complained to their senior customer service officer and got absolutely no response. Lyft also lies to me about how long it would take to get a ride, and I’m sick of them wasting my time.

I’m currently commuting with Uber right now because they keep throwing discounts my way, but when that runs out, and Lyft screws me again, I’m going to request an Uber instead.