FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is AA actively trying to kill SFO-LAX?!
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:57 pm
JBD

Flight 2533

Originally Posted by ShortDog
I see 2533 in the schedule on EF from the 28th, but it's been zeroed out until the 20th of April. I'm not hopeful that it will run until then, and I'm supposed to fly it early April.
-- BTW thanks ShortDog for your reply to me in the other thread

I had been seeing 2533 from the 28th as well (on AA.com) up until last night that is. My flights occur after the 28th, but when I clicked on My Trips on my online account the flights still stood.

So I called last night, got a really terrific agent, explained that I was concerned that this flight is showing as cancelled for the next few days, and that AA.com is no longer selling this flight for my dates, but that my online account was still showing my trip as scheduled.

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that these 738s have been pulled to fill in elsewhere, but that the rolling cancellations seem to be slowing down and that my trip may very well go as scheduled.

Because he sounded like such a nice southern guy from the outset, I took the liberty of explaing how special this trip was for my old dad, and that I was trying to do everything I could to make it comfortable for him, having chosen first class on the 738 in the first place over all the Eagle's Nest E75s, and that the second best option was on the 319 flights 2764. He said if it was his dad, he'd switch to the 319 First Class now and be proactive. So I happily agreed. I did then ask if the Airbus was also in danger of being pulled, and he said so far it's just been the 738s that are being reassigned.

So even though my reservation had yet to be classified with a schedule change, I was able to switch flights and SAAver award availability was opened up for me (at the time of my call there was no longer any SAAver availabity in First on the 319).

For whatever this may be worth to anyone else!