FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:44 pm
bluepig1

Programs: United GS, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Gold, AA Gold
Hi all. I've flown ORD-NRT roundtrip 3 times in the past 6 months and all 6 flights have been Polarised a couple of days before the flight. Normally I travel alone for business, and while I lose my selected Global First seat when the plane gets Polarised, I'm not that picky on which Polarised seat I end up in. Next week I have a non-GS family member travelling with me on a separate itinerary/record locator, and it would be great to sit close to each other. I had picked 2C while my family member is in 6B (close enough) if the old seating configuration sticks. I assume if it Polarises we'll probably have to pick new seats anyway (and I recognize that you can't really easily have a conversation sitting "next to" someone in the Polarised pods anyway) so I'll keep monitoring it.

It seems the chances this routing will be Polarised are very high. Anyone have any data points where they've flown ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD in the past few months and United operated the non-Polarised seating configuration?