FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:49 am
MJMLBBtoCPH

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Really? Where is access to AA operated lounges not branded as Admirals Clubs mentioned?
Um. Ok. You are not understanding my post. What I was really responding to primarily was the denial of access to an AS lounge member to the departing Admiral's Club at LHR. That's a clear violation by Alaska of the contractual sales agreement they promote when they sell you a membership. Alaska can't say (oh, it's not our fault, we don't control the Admiral's club). They can't sell a third-party service that's later denied by the third party and claim it's not their fault.

As for the AA arrivals lounge (where you selectively quoted me), I never suggested that somehow one has a contractual right as an AS lounge member to enter the AA arrivals club in in LHR. You know, big corporations love to play these little games with little exceptions that are buried somewhere on some page. Even though the customer misunderstands her benefits and is misinformed, it doesn't hurt to simply ask for airline miles as a customer service request. Most normal people who don't read all the ins and outs of these things on flyer talk are not aware of these technical differences. AS certainly can say no to a request for miles for a customer's misunderstanding of the scope of benefits to an AS lounge membership. That's all I was implying in my post. So, you don't need to "correct" me, but I am sorry if my previous post was not sufficiently clear about what I was recommending with regard to the arrivals lounge denial. The worst AS can do is say "no, see the AS lounge agreement and see the AA arrivals lounge classification."

Last edited by MJMLBBtoCPH; Mar 22, 2019 at 11:54 am Reason: clarification