FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Combined 2019 AA Domestic Meal, Meals, menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:29 am
BWISkyGuy

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Honestly, doesn't seem to have much impact, if any. Customers probably won't even notice the difference between pre-bagged bread, and honestly, it might keep the bread fresher, too? I thought bread was already always pre-bagged, anyway? And the champagne glasses... maybe not enough customers wanted champagne glasses? Losing garnishes and a 3rd appetizer may be noticeable, although most may not even really notice.

One thing that's curious...the tray liners. The photo shows the F meal without the tray linen...and the liners are shorter. Or are they referring to Economy/Premium Economy cabins only? I'm not clear if that means tray linens in domestic F will be going away, or being shortened?

Just glad they aren't reducing times, aka UA, or eliminating domestic ice cream on midcons/sundaes on transcons. That sets AA apart from the other legacies.
That's kind of my thinking too... Even the beef -- sure short rib is cheaper, but it's also vastly better suited for airline catering since it holds and reheats so much better than lean beef, and all the collagen helps keep it soft and moist through the process and the dry air. That change has some definite positives, at least for those that don't hate short rib.

I'd be surprised if the linen tray liners are going away. Even in F, the paper tray liners are currently (supposed to be) under the linen ones -- they keep the linen from sliding off the slick plastic. I think that's what they were trying to show. If they were getting rid of the linen that would be a much deeper cut with much more impact that would have been called out clearly, I feel.