FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Vietnam
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:45 am
Rusell

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
2) What is best way get Airport to Hotel (presently having booking at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi around 40 min away from airport)? Is airport taxi safe and reliable ? or should I book Expedia airport pickup/return package ?
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn 3 years ago, it's a nice hotel and the hot breakfast is nice too, but its a fair distance walking to the old quarter. You can ask the hotel to hire a motor bike to get around and the company brings it to you.

to get there you can either get a metered taxi from the airport( I caught a taxi back to the airport for VND 240,000 i think) or there is a shuttle bus from the airport(vietjet, jetstar, vietnam airlines VND 40,000) that drops you in the old quarter and you can take a taxi or grab from there as its still a fair distance to Hilton Garden Inn. Be aware but there is taxi's waiting there for tourists and try to charge you more for the short ride.