FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious Privacy violation at Grand Hyatt Jakarta - What to do?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:14 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What? No it isn't.
Yes, it is.

Given the cost differential in making phone calls and other issues that could arise, calling up the hotel to make contact or get an update about a family member’s safe arrival to the hotel is entirely within the realm of normal. And if something goes wrong and the expected place of stay has no record of checking in the person, that may signify a problem and could help limit the scope of when and where something went wrong in such a way as to make a major difference in the safety/security of the traveler and/or in the ability of authorities to get to work about what went wrong and to get any perpetrators of say a crime.

If a female relative of mine is traveling to DEL by herself and planning to use typical tourist means of travel from the airport to a hotel, you can bet that I’ll be wanting to be contacted by or make contact with such relative or be asking the hotel (at the very least) about whether or not the guest has checked in and to put me through on the phone if I’ve not heard anything by or around an anticipated time of contact of sort with/from the relative.

It’s also within the realm of normal in relation to business contacts trying to reach a business associate on a trip.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 22, 2019 at 5:21 am