FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Vietnam
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:22 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Hello Experts ..Looking some advice/suggestions ...I am traveling first time to Hanoi from HKG (doing a weekend trip to Hanoi) and I have don't many hours between flight back. I arrive at 9:30 am Sat and leave Sunday night around 8:00 pm. I have following questions

1) Where is the best place to stay if I need to cover the tourist spot. I am Hilton guy and wanted to use the points for Stay but open to other suggestions

2) What is best way get Airport to Hotel (presently having booking at Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi around 40 min away from airport)? Is airport taxi safe and reliable ? or should I book Expedia airport pickup/return package ?

3) What can I cover on Sat after lunch and evening?

4) What is best preferred way? Bus ride or do we have train ? should I stay Sat night in Hai Phong or Cat Ba or Ha Long bay area and try to catch morning tour and start back around 3 pm to Airport or its too risky and just back in Hanio city and do Hanio tour?

5) What are other City Tour options for Sunday until 5 pm.
We spent three days in Hanoi. That was plenty for us (we didn't love it there). https://readyjetroam.com/2019/03/12/...ot-love-hanoi/

To answer your specific questions:

1) Given a similarly short stay we chose the old quarter so we would be able to walk to most tourist sites and areas. I don't think you'll find a chain hotel in the old quarter. We stayed at a place we found on TA called Little Hanoi Deluxe Hotel. We paid a little over $30US/night...cheaper than using points! Here's my review of the place on TA: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...tel-Hanoi.html

2) We took a metered taxi from the airport to the old quarter. ~350 VND ($15US). Had the hotel arrange a flat rate of 350 VND for the return trip.

3, 4, 5) We covered a lot of what I talk about the blog post in one day. But we tour pretty quickly.

Happy to answer any other specific questions if I can.